Info for authors
We hope that you enjoy the experience of publishing with Pickering & Chatto and that there is an opportunity for us to work together in the future. Please see below for information on royalties, purchasing Pickering & Chatto titles and our ongoing marketing efforts.
We pay our royalties annually in October accounting for sales achieved in our preceding financial year which runs July to June.
Our monograph authors and editors may receive royalties on eBook as well as print sales. This comes under the category ‘other revenue’. Revenue from eBooks is increasingly complicated with varying amounts received for short term loans, consortia sales and multi-user access models as well as outright single copy purchase. Because of this we are not able to give a figure on eBook unit sales.
We currently have a minimum payment threshold of £60.00. All royalties are accounted for and paid in £ Pound Sterling.
Buying Pickering & Chatto Books
One of the advantages of publishing with Pickering & Chatto is that we offer a generous discount off any of our titles. This discount is currently set at 60%. From July 2014 this discount will be reduced to 40%. We regret taking this step but as far as we are aware this is still the best author discount around.
This discount comes with certain conditions:
• It cannot be used in conjunction with any other price promotion
• All books purchased at this discount must be for personal use or for gifts to friends and family. This discount cannot be used to buy copies on behalf of libraries.
• All purchases are subject to availability
• Authors/Editors are limited to using this discount to purchase a maximum of ten copies of their own work unless by special arrangement
• The discount is not transferable. Only contracted contributors for Pickering & Chatto editions can place orders.
• This discount does not apply to any electronic products
How to order
Select the titles that you want on this website and then enter the following discount code prior to checkout: PCAE2014
Prior to publication we will promote your book via our own website, via our subject email bulletins, our social media presence, adverts and inserts in journals where appropriate, at conferences and to third party wholesalers, library suppliers, librarians and academics.
We also encourage you to stay in touch with what we are up to via the following: